No Food Waste is now recognised with Special Consultative status with UN -ECOSOC Economic andSocial Council – United Nations.
This was revealed in a post by the Founder of No Food Waste, Padmanabhan Gopalan in a Facebook post. He also elaborated on the privileges and benefits of the consultative status.
Privileges and benefits of consultative status include
1. Submitting expert information and advice from organizations with special
competence in a subject matter
2. Attendance at meetings and access to the United Nations
3. Submission and circulation of written statements
4.Oral presentations at ECOSOC
5. Consultations with ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies
6. Use of United Nations facilities
We at YourCoimbatore would like to congratulate the entire team members, supporters and volunteers of No Food Waste for this achievement.
No Food Waste was started in Coimbatore and has chapters across the country and aims to stop Food Waste and is looking to create a hunger-free world.
Here’s a video of the status when it was passed in the UN.
What's Your Reaction?
Senthilkumar Rajappan is the Founder Blogger of YourCoimbatore.com, He is a digital marketing strategist , a start up mentor and loves speaking on entrepreneurship. Loves blogging on auto, tech and books. Also has a personal website www.rsenthilkumar.com