Nineteen people, including nine children, have been killed in a devastating fire caused by a fault in an ‘electric space heater’ in an apartment in the Bronx, New York City.
It was the worst fire in New York in 30 years. 19 people were killed, including nine children. Many were seriously injured. New York Fire Department (FDNY) Commissioner Daniel Nikro said the second and third floors of the building were on fire.
New York Mayor Eric Adams, Governor Kathy Hochul, and U.S. Senator Charles Schumer rushed to the scene. Stephen Ringle, a senior adviser to Mayor Adams, confirmed the death toll.
He said the children who died in the crash were 16 years old or younger. Commissioner Negro said 13 people had been admitted to the hospital and all were in critical condition. Doctors said most of the victims had smoke entering their bodies through inhalation.
Read, Do not ignore the new virus, which metamorphoses Delta-Omicron on ycourcoimbatore.com
What's Your Reaction?
Team YourCoimbatore.com brings you the latest news from in and around Coimbatore. If you want to write about Coimbatore please get in touch.